Monday, March 17, 2014

St Patrick's Day Trinity Treasure Hunt

Last night for our Awana Sparks club I put together a treasure hunt for each of the four teams to go on once they were finished reciting their verses.  Since we are celebrating St. Patrick's day I wanted to focus on shamrocks and the Trinity so all the clues are themed around that as well as memorizing Scripture.
It seemed like the kids REALLY liked it!  Since I had four teams of about ten kids each, plus Leaders, I wanted to make sure they weren't all going to the same places at the same time, so I made a very simple map with the path for each team to take.  It was ideal for a large group of kids.
The basic places can be customized for almost any location.  They were: rocks, kitchen, water (fountain), hiding spot, reception desk (or just a specifically placed person), and our club room.
Here are the printables for you to use with your Sunday School, Awana group, or family!  Pretty much anything can be used as prizes - I used St. Patrick's Day shamrock pencils, punching balloons, gold coins, and shamrock stickers from the dollar tree in individual bags for each child and tied with shamrock ribbon.


I also made this Trinity coloring page for kids to color while they were waiting to recite their verses.  I hope these help you in teaching your kids about the Trinity and celebrating St. Patrick's Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!