Thursday, December 18, 2008

The busyness of the holidays

I think that is the theme of this year. Everyone I have talked to and every blog I have read are all lamenting how busy they are or giving tips for how to deal with a busy holiday season. I've heard lots of people commenting on how family is most important and how they are limiting their activities, decorating, parties, gifts, etc. I have had a busy December as well, but I know it's because I chose to do a lot this year. I chose to make cookies with Will every day for a week. I chose to have a party with lots of my friends. I chose to make my DH a couple gifts. I chose to make my sister's gift. I chose to make one of Will's gifts. I chose the busyness of the holiday season. Yes, it's a lot of work for me. But Christmas isn't about me. It's about giving to others in remembrance of Christ coming to earth to give His life for us. So while I am busy this Christmas, I am not stressed out. I chose to be busy so I can give as much as I possibly can to those I love.
Sometimes, busy is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!