Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DIY Rattle for a Baby Toy

I was making baby toys this week and wanted to include a rattle inside one of them.  I looked at ordering some but of course it was too last minute.  You probably NEVER do stuff so last minute like I do, but in case you wanted to save some money I thought I'd post this simple tutorial for how to make your own baby rattle using ping pong balls and seed beads.


First I cut a V shaped slit in the ping pong ball with a small sharp pair of scissors.


Then I added a teaspoon or so of seed beads.


Then I hot glued the ball closed.  Once it was dry I tested it out - it shakes GREAT!


And that's all there is to it.  I put these inside small sewn bags for extra security against little mouths and tucked them into my baby toys.  They make great little rattles and were super simple to make!
If you wanted to make a REALLY easy toy, just add a rattle or two to a stuffed or bean bag animal.  I haven't tried it yet, but I bet they would work in the washer/dryer too.  Hmm, I should try that this week.  I will post an update after I test it out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!