Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Frugal & Fun Decorating


I figured since it's Wednesday and I am blogging I would participate in the Works for Me Wednesday from Rocks In My Dryer.
Today Will, Evan, and I cleaned and vacuumed the house. Bleck! The only fun part of cleaning is my boys "helping" me and being done cleaning :)
After we cleaned up, we decorated a wall in Will's room. Check it out:


1 dog calendar from Michaels = 25 cents
Time to cut and hang pictures = 30 minutes
Little boy's face when he saw all the "woof, woofs" in his room = priceless



I only used 8 out of the 12 pictures in the calendar, so Will and I are going to cut out and paste the rest onto cardboard to make valentines :)
I am thinking that this summer at garage sales I will look for 8 frames that I can hang in his room and just switch the pictures out as he gets older and his interests change.

4 comments:

  1. is that sweet boy jumping on his bed?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I love the idea of getting frames and changing them out. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I'm sure your son loves all those dog pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to post on this very thing. I have a Thomas Kinkade calendar that I'd like to take some photos from and get framed. And I've got a care bears calendar that would be perfect for a girl's room!

    ReplyDelete

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!