Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Our Baby Chicks!!!

This week I have been working on a new project with my family: setting up our brooder for baby chicks! We have decided that it would be a good experience for us to try and raise chickens for eggs. So, we did extensive research (mostly via Pinterest), put together a brooder, and purchased baby chicks yesterday from Southern States.

Aren't they just SO cute? I just love their little peeping noises! We got five Americana/Easter Egg breed and five Rhode Island Reds. They are nice and happy in their new home. My husband is going to build their chicken coop (which he designed, of course) in the next week or so & they will move into it in about six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!