Thursday, July 9, 2009

Things I love Thursday - Coconut Oil!


After coming home from the store the other day I was bemoaning that I forgot to get more coconut oil and my husband said, "You should write a blog about how coconut oil is so awesome."
My husband is a genius.
Coconut oil IS awesome. I was a little sceptical when I first tried it, but I am completely hooked now. Only one, ONE, grocery store in our area carries it :( I have read both that coconut oil is wonderful for you and that it's the worst thing you could possibly eat. We haven't had any problems with it.
I like using coconut oil as a lotion - it makes my skin really soft without a greasy feel, plus it doesn't have a strong odor. It rubs in easily too. I am convinced that coconut oil is responsible for my lack of stretch marks from my last pregnancy.
Coconut oil is great to use for baking. I'm told it makes the best popcorn, but I haven't tried that yet.
The best use for coconut oil though, is as a KY substitute :) Seriously, this is why I buy the stuff.
It. Is. The. Best. Period. Natural, safe, odorless, not sticky or greasy, actually beneficial to your body, it is just awesome stuff. In case you haven't noticed, I really, really, really love coconut oil!

What do you love? Head over to the Diaper Diaries to let everyone know.

5 comments:

  1. I've heard tons of great things about coconut oil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intrigued. My hubby is allergic to coconut so I wonder if I could use it in the KY capacity. Not sure I want to risk that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coconut oil, too, tho i don't use it as much as i could. I think i use this particular brand as well. I buy the "unrefined" which has a coconut smell for regular stuff, but to use for frying or whatever i buy the "refined" that is used for higher heats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew it was a yummy substitute for butter for those of us who have dairy issues, but I honestly never would have thought of the... err... more personal use. Nice idea... may have to try that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea they sold coconut oil. I might just have to check it out. thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!