Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Peanut Sat on a Railroad Track Quiet Book Page


Have you ever heard this kid's song?  It was on the "Wee Sing Silly Songs" cassette tape I used to listen to as a kid.  Except in our version it was "down the line came number nine" which rather works better for a quiet page.
I used the train ornament pattern from Imagine Our Life.  I just left two holes on each end to run the ribbon through so the train stays on the track.  The track rails are very simple: two pieces of thin brown ribbon sewn to each diagonal end of the page.  The track pieces are dark brown (or gray) rectangles that I hot glued on evenly spaced down the diagonal.  I also stitched on a green pocket the same color as the page.

For the peanut, I stitched random black lines to give the look of a shell on the front, plus an "o" shaped mouth and two little white circles attached with black french knots.  Then I stitched the front and back together with a blanket stitch.  I did the same blanket stitch around the front and back of the peanut butter.





No comments:

Post a Comment

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!