Friday, November 14, 2008

Praying Specifically for the Impossible


"And looking at them Jesus said to them, 'With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'" ~ Matthew 19:26 (emphasis added)
I cannot tell you how many times I have heard this phrase. I even have a picture hanging in my hallway that says it!
But it occurred to me the other day in my prayer time: I don't pray for the impossible. As I think back over my past prayers I realized that I pray for things that I think God can handle easily.
I started brainstorming over why that's the case and I think it's a pretty simple reason. My view of God is sometimes too small.
So I am inviting you to join me as I challenge myself to begin praying for the impossible. Personally, that means I am now praying for Barack Obama's salvation and a revival to sweep America. That the world will see us as a Christian nation not just in name, but in reality. To me, that seems completely and utterly impossible. But I know that God CAN do anything. That doesn't mean that He will, but He can. And I shouldn't limit God with my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!