I love felt quiet books. They are such fun for little hands and they make such personal and great gifts!
This is the first page I have ever designed on my own. My kids love the song Five Green and Speckled Frogs
so I wanted to make a page on which they could move the frogs while they sang the song.
I used black, brown, light blue, blue, light green, green, and white felt for this page. I also used black & blue embroidery thread, blue ribbon, and frog themed material to back the page. The page is 9x9. I find this is the best size for me cause it fits nicely in small hands.
First I embroidered waves on the blue pond shape and zig zagged the top edge of the pond and set it aside. If you are worried about stretching you could use stiffened felt instead. Next, I sewed random wavy lines and knots onto the log shape to make it look like wood grain. Then I positioned and sewed the log to the page. Then I put together the frogs. I first attached the eyes to the frog body with french knots and then used the same black embroidery thread to attach the frog belly and make the mouth. After that I sandwiched the arms and legs between the frog top and bottom body and sewed around the edge, leaving a space at the top and bottom for the ribbon. I used a safety pin attached to the ribbon to thread the ribbon through the frog openings. Don't forget to measure the ribbon to the length that will fit from about an inch over the top of the page to a length that will be covered by the pond.
I sewed down all the bottom edges of the ribbon and pinned the top edges. Then I sewed the pond pocket on. I positioned and sew down the middle of all the black "flies". They kind of looked more like butterflies to me but all well. I put the right sides of the felt page and frog themed material together and starting on the side of the page sewed around the outside, leaving a section open to turn it right side out. I sewed a couple of times across the ribbon top edges since I have boys that will pull on the ribbon. Then, after I turned the page right side out I topstitched around the edge, making sure to close up the hole I used to turn the page right side out. This gave it a nice finished look.
Update: HERE IS THE PATTERN :)