Monday, July 9, 2012

5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

This is one of my recently finished pages.  I wanted to make a page to go with the song 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.  Since I've taken this picture I added fabric paint eyes to the little monkeys.
I used purple, green, black, blue, white, brown, tan,gray, and pink felt.  I also used purple ribbon, black and white embroidery thread, 2 buttons, a sew on snap, and silver ball cord.
I made all the little monkeys first.  I stitched the faces onto the heads and then sandwiched the arms and legs and ribbon between the bodies and the body between the head pieces.  The fun part is that you can pose the monkey however you want when stitching them for a lot of variety.  Then I stitched the ribbons down to the page and positioned the bed over them.  I did the bed supports first, followed by the blanket and finally the pillow.  I stuffed the pillow with a tiny bit of stuffing to make it fluffier.

For the facing page, I simply stitched the faces to the heads and then the heads to the page; adding the stethoscope with black embroidery thread and a button.  I stitched the phone base to the page and added the embroidered black circle with a button so it can turn.  The phone was stitched mostly together, turned right side out, stuffed, and attached to the phone base with the silver ball cord.  Finally I added a snap beneath the phone to hold it to the page.

As always, if you are interested in the pattern, please email me and I will send it to you.  One of these days I will learn how to attach a document on blogger.
Update: HERE IS THE PATTERN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!