Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Organizing Lego Instructions

Legos are a big deal in my house.  A very big deal.  My boys may be below the recommended age for most Lego sets, but their enthusiasm rivals the most ardent collector's.
As such, we have already collected (thanks to gifts, Ebay, garage sales, friends, and their Dad's childhood) quite a few Lego sets.  I am still working on the best way to organize Legos and still have them available for easy play.  Right now we have a couple large plastic tubs - one for smaller pieces and one for bigger.  It works for now.
The instruction manuals are another matter though.  My boys like to follow the instructions and build and rebuild their sets in addition to free play.  However, the flimsy paper manuals, especially from the older sets have seen much better days :(
This is my solution.  I got a three ring binder and my trusty laminator (This is the one I have - it was twenty bucks at Costco).  I carefully took apart each one of their Lego manuals and laminated them, punched holes, and added them to the binder.  Now all their Lego instructions are in one place, lay flat, and won't get ruined.



2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I do think it is funny your camera says it is 2003 when the Avengers did not come out until 2012

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I organized my son's lego by colour for a while - we have a shelf with 12 cubbies in it and it fit those square cloth baskets. Worked well when we were trying to rebuild several sets. Now of course a bunch of it is mixed up again...but he has tons of lego...

    ReplyDelete

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!