Tuesday, February 17, 2009

His/Her Jars


I don't remember where exactly we got the idea, but my husband and I have used this for quite a while now.
We got two containers like these:

(picture credit)
Then we labeled them HIS and HERS. We each got a bunch of slips of paper and wrote down things we like to do together or like done for us. For example, taking a walk together, getting a foot massage, watching a movie, a really good kiss, praying together, etc.
We put our slips into our respective jars. Each week we get a slip out of the OTHER person's jar and try to do whatever it says for the other person as many times as we can during the week. Like if my card reads "a foot massage" I will try to give my hubby a foot massage as often as I can during that week.
It's fun to focus on something different each week and find out what your spouse really likes. It's also a way for us to remember to keep romance at the forefront of our busy lives. His/Her Jars - it works for us!

For more Works for Me Wednesday, check out Rocks in My Dryer.

4 comments:

  1. Love this idea! We'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! so cute!!

    P.S. now I can't get "If you're happy and you know it" out of my head...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome idea!

    It is funny that even after years and years of marriage (16), without a hint (or directly spelled out) we never really know what we can do on a daily basis make our spouse happy.

    For me it is the small things that really matter.

    I need to get in better tune with my Hubby's likes and dislikes.

    Thanks again,

    Sharinskishe

    ReplyDelete

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!